Curious to grow? Join a team that’s passionate about making buying and selling a great experience.
Autonomy to choose where you work from – Office, Hybrid or Anywhere. Four times per year we bring the whole team together for planned collaboration, communication, and connection events.
A career in Technology, Product and Information will see you working on products that are used every single day by our millions of customers all over the world.
We are seeking a senior developer with a strong background in C# and .NET Core. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience working with AWS and building applications using SOLID, microservices principles, and event-driven architecture.
In addition, the candidate should have proven experience working with large enterprise systems and demonstrating a good understanding of building scalable and highly available systems.
The ideal candidate should also have demonstrated inclusive and interpersonal attributes that connect them to our behaviours: we change the game, we own it, we step in, we are curious, and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If you meet these requirements, we would be delighted to hear from you!
What’s on offer
- Autonomy to choose where you work from – Office, Hybrid or Anywhere.
- We’re a certified Great Place to Work, Family Friendly Workplace and WGEA Employer of Choice.
- Support of a highly engaged, high-performing team. We have incredible talent in carsales that you will learn from.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, four weeks paid secondary caregivers leave, six weeks paid gender transition leave.
- Regular Hackathons, endless learning and development opportunities, and a range of activities that will help support your mental, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
What’ll you’ll be doing
- Understand and share expertise in mentoring and coaching a team of engineers, ensuring standards and best practices are maintained.
- Develop and support solutions that deliver enhanced levels of automation and auto-remediation across our systems. Automation will be a key focus to all solutions implemented.
- Demonstrate understanding, motivations and expertise in collaborating and developing relationships with product managers, engineers, researchers and designers.
- Understand and share expertise in architecting and building robust and scalable system designs.
- Develop and professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
What we are looking for?
- We are seeking a senior developer with a strong background in C# and .NET Core. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience working with AWS and building applications using SOLID, microservices principles, and event-driven architecture.
- You will have proven experience working with large enterprise systems and demonstrating a good understanding of building scalable and highly available systems.
- Demonstrated inclusive and interpersonal attributes that connect you to our behaviours (we change the game, we own it, we step in, we are curious, we don’t take ourselves too seriously)
A few other things we want to let you know about…
- carsales is an equal opportunity employer who prides themselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage everyone of all ages, genders and backgrounds to apply. If you’re a candidate with a disability or you’ll need some adjustments to be at your best, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
- We know how important keeping that balance between work/life is and have a range of flexible working options on offer, including part time. We are open to this conversation during our recruitment process if you want to know more just ask!
- We are a proud Circle Back Initiative Employer which means we are committed to responding to every job applicant.
- Successful candidates joining the carsales family are required to undergo a National Police Record check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.