QuartzBio (www.quartz.bio ) is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions provider to the life sciences industry. We deliver innovative, data enabling technologies (i.e., software) that provide biotech/pharma (R&D) teams with enterprise-level access to sample/biomarker data management solutions & analytics, information, insight & reporting capabilities.
Our end-to-end (from sample collection to biomarker data) suite of solutions are focused on providing sponsors information (data with context) – we do this by connecting biospecimen, assay as well as clinical data sources in a secure and scalable cloud-based infrastructure, enabling seamless, automated data management workflows, key insight development, improved collaboration, and the ability to make faster, more informed decisions.
As we continue to expand our product management team, we are seeking a highly skilled Associate Director, Product Operations to lead product operations activities for both the data management and analytics component of the platform. This leadership role is responsible for setting up the process and steps across product features intake, release planning, sprints execution, QA and release process.
- Product Operations set up
- Collaborate and define process for product management – feature intake, feature prioritization, release planning, release execution, post release
- Collaborate with product engineering head and define process for engineering- scrum teams, team capacity & estimation, sprint execution, sprint deliverables.
- Collaborate with product QA and define process for sprint QA, SIT, performance testing and validation.
- Identify deliverables and documentation scope across all teams and release phase
- Create RACI for all roles in the product organization
- Configure workflows in product management and product execution tools (such as JIRA)
- Create dashboards and reports across JIRA for status and health monitoring of product lifecycle
- Product Releases:
- Collaborate with product management teams to publish the objectives, initiatives for every release
- Collaborate with product managers to complete the decomposition and identify the initial scope release
- Enable discovery workshops across product management, engineering and QA
- Collaborate with engineering and QA to estimate the initial scope
- Lead the release planning across teams to finalize the scope and timelines of every release
- Publish the release scope and timelines with a release plan and a release schedule
- Monitor the progress of the release and product weekly release status report
- Identify risks and plan for risk mitigation plans
- Enable product operations analyst for managing scrums to build the product based on planned agile sprints
- Enable product operations analyst for managing QA and validation activities
- Enable product operations analyst for deployment across environments
- Enable product operations analyst for release planning activities (documentation, release notes)
- Provide release updates to other functional groups – product support, product services, sales and marketing team.
- Publish operations and efficiency metrics of product management, engineering and QA
- Post release:
- Enable setting up of hyper care team for post release support
- Lead collaboration efforts with product support team for triage and to enable support across Product, engineering and QA for post release issues
- Team Leadership
- Build and lead a high-performing team of product operations analysts, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Set clear objectives, provide coaching and mentorship, and evaluate team performance.
- 12+ years of experience in product/portfolio/project operations management
- Strong experience in setting up of operations in a product organization
- Strong experience of release management experience (End to end)
- Strong program management experience
- Scrum master experience in a product management organization
- Strong experience in setting up reports and workflows in JIRA
- Experience in creating and publish status reports for a product organization
- Deep experience in Agile development concepts
- High people skills and collaboration
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and enable cross team collaborations.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to use data-driven insights to inform decisions.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to make critical decisions in high-pressure situations.
- Experience in Experience in setting up of product management tools such as a productboard
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.