We keep the world moving by keeping risk out of the way.
Everstream Analytics risk scores and predictive insights set the world’s supply chain standard, helping global companies turn supply chains into business-changing, market-shifting, competition-crushing assets. Removing the traditional blinders of traditional data – we offer more complete information, sharper analysis, and accurate predictions. Companies like Google, Schneider Electric, Unilever, and Campbell’s rely on Everstream Analytics to push their supply chains to be faster, smarter, safer, and sustainable!
What Matters Most to Everstreamers
Doing our best, no matter what challenges lie in front of us. We’re sharp, focused, determined, and as a team, we’re unstoppable. Of course, we have values like “integrity” and “honesty”—that’s a given—but our core values run deeper:
Audacity | We are bold. We break through the status quo and do what others haven’t, can’t or won’t
Grit | We get the job done and keep going, so our customers can do the same
Optimism | We have a can-do attitude, and instead of saying “no”, we figure out how
Virtue | We do what’s right, the right way—especially when it’s difficult
Solidarity | When we celebrate each other and our differences, we all do better
Our company delivers operational supply chain insights based on data and predictive analytics. This Data Engineer role will primarily be owning and supporting the development efforts on our existing weather data platform that supports our Applied Meteorology and Climate team. We are looking for experienced individuals who are ready to contribute individually as well as potentially be a technical lead of their own scrum team as we continue to grow.
Ownership of software features from blueprint to production and taking pride in deploying high quality software solutions. You will be expected to communicate effectively with our engineering and Applied Meteorology Teams (devs, architects, product and QAs as well the meteorologists and data scientists) and while less often, also with teammates across our organization such as customer success, implementation services or sales. Focus on building feature rich data engineering/cloud computing backend with Kubernetes and parallel processing. You’ll have opportunities of exposure across our entire stack. A portion of your time will also be mentoring and guiding teammates to help them execute their tasks and to become better engineers. You will work closely with the team to define requirements and technical solutions for the problems we are presented with daily, as well as writing software solutions to these problems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, atmospheric scientist, or a related field.
- 7+ years of professional Data Engineering / Software Engineering or similar experience working with Python in a production environment.
- Understanding of systems design, distributed services etc., with a track record of having led successful software initiatives and teams.
- Working knowledge/ Experience with: Xarray, Dask, Zarr (python packages)
- Understanding of big data tools/pipelines preferred Airflow but other experience is fine (prefect, dagster, argo workflows, etc)
- Knowledge of weather forecast model data (netcdf, GRIB, etc.) along with acquisition and processing of this data
- Understand REST API principles
- Delivered features on a product and understand the software development lifecycle from start to finish.
- Experienced with Agile principles and have worked on a Scrum based to deliver software on a regular cadence.
- Domain experience in Supply-Chain and/or the Transportation industry
- Preferred experience in weather data processing or image processing
- Understanding of global atmospheric and oceanic circulation patterns
- Knowledge of climate data projections
100% Remote Position
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Thanks to our remarkable people we are at the forefront of change and bringing cutting-edge products and services to market. We focus on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential. It takes determination, focus, and resilience to scale a high-growth, global business. We’re looking for people intrinsically driven to create, build, solve, and push boundaries to deliver the unrivaled innovation and service our clients know and love. Everstreamers aren’t afraid of ambiguity, changing priorities, shifting org structures, or pivoting to new strategies. They thrive on change and put in the effort to achieve the seemingly impossible. It isn’t always easy, but it’s always worth it. Does this sound like you? Grow your career at Everstream.