At Marketplace, our mission is to help readers turn their aspirations into reality. We arm people with trusted advice and guidance, so they can make informed decisions they feel confident in and get back to doing the things they care about most.We are an experienced team of industry experts dedicated to helping readers make smart decisions and choose the right products with ease.
Marketplace boasts decades of experience across dozens of geographies and teams, including Content, SEO, Business Intelligence, Finance, HR, Marketing, Production, Technology and Sales. The team brings rich industry knowledge to Marketplace’s global coverage of consumer credit, debt, health, home improvement, banking, investing, credit cards, small business, education, insurance, loans, real estate and travel.
Marketplace is looking for an editor with investment writing and editing experience to join the team as Deputy Editor.
We want to help guide our readers to make the best choices through best-ofs, product reviews, engaging content and data- and SEO-driven journalism. If you’re looking for challenges and opportunities similar to those at a startup, but with the benefits of a seasoned and successful company, then read on:
- Do several first and top edits daily on investing articles while looking out for ways to keep the Investing team’s editorial processes organized and well-structured
- Contribute to maintaining best practices for the Investing editorial team, including reporting and editing standards, content templates, freelancer management, photography and social media standards
- Generate compelling pitches for covering relevant topics of the day and plan for future news coverage
- Help build and scale content efforts related to investment and retirement accounts
- Find, recruit and set up new freelancers. Train and support freelancers on how to use our tools and style guides
- Leverage data and SEO best practices to create monthly assignments for freelancers that include explanatory content, how-tos, roundups, best-ofs and product reviews
- Work collaboratively with the global editorial team
- Edit and produce editorial content
- Build methodologies to evaluate, rate and rank related products and services for best-ofs (example: Best Online Brokerages)
- Experience managing freelancers
- At least two years of experience editing investing content
- Strong familiarity with SEO best practices in the news space, willingness to learn and expand SEO skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with knowledge of editorial planning and process
- Nimble and open to quick changes in strategy
- Ability to work in a startup environment
- Familiarity with Airtable a plus
- Experience being a media spokesperson a plus
- Knowledge of the stock market a plus
- Competitive compensation package
- All-remote team
- Unlimited vacation
- Third Friday of the month off
Forbes Marketplace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.