Propeller is on a mission to take the guesswork out of moving dirt – reducing wasted fuel, time, and money. We do this through the power of maps.
Our customers use Propeller’s integrated hardware and software products to capture accurate 3D versions of their worksites using drones. With over 45,000 worksites worldwide using Propeller’s smart survey technology, we empower project teams to map, measure, and manage site activity.
Propeller empowers everyone to approach, own, and solve problems creatively. We’re data nerds who care about impact, honesty, and each other. We take pride in being a great place to work and are proud to be recognized as a Fast Company and BuiltIn Best Place to Work. You can learn more about us on Glassdoor.
You’ll provide top-notch service to our customers and teammates as part of a growing Customer Service team, within the Data Success organization at Propeller. Data Success handles data processing for the surveys our customers upload to Propeller; we provide the geospatial expertise that helps our customers get successful results with their data.
When our customers need technical assistance or have questions about their hardware or software, they can reach out to us 24/7. As a Customer Service Specialist, you’ll be the first person our customers interact with when reaching out for help via chat or email. By understanding and triaging these requests effectively, you’ll either:
- provide the customer with a solution yourself, or
- escalate the request to the appropriate customer-facing team member and facilitate a quick resolution
You’ll create a first-class customer experience by keeping response and resolution times low, and by maintaining a high level of professionalism. Your exceptional customer service talents, combined with a solid knowledge of our geospatial hardware and software products will enable you to offer swift resolutions to our customers’ inquiries related to remote sensing, drone surveying, and photogrammetry.
In addition to managing incoming support requests, you will assist Data Success with some basic technical tasks for customers including using Propeller’s tools to help measure stockpiles and to retrieve GPS corrections data.
You’ll also engage with other cross-functional teams around Propeller including members of the Customer Success, Hardware Support, and Product & Engineering teams as we continually elevate our customer support processes, tools, and systems to ensure customers are receiving the information they need and to optimize our overall capacity to provide effective customer support.
You are a solution-oriented people-person adept with effective customer service methods. You make quick, logical decisions, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, and maintain a high level of professionalism in any situation.
It is easy for you to learn new software & hardware applications and basic technical concepts, and you’re able to explain complex processes to others in simple terms. You are an excellent teammate, but also work well independently.
You’re comfortable working remotely in a fast paced, web-connected work environment. You have the flexibility to work on a rotating roster that enables us to support customers in over 100 countries.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a customer service or technical support position, with a preference for proficiency in chat and email channels
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Multi-tasking and time management abilities
- Attention to detail
- A customer-centric, solutions-oriented mindset
- You thrive in a team environment, taking pride in making valuable and supportive contributions
Preferred Experience / Knowledge
- Working in a start-up or scale-up environment
- Proficiency in utilizing a ticketing system to direct, prioritize, and address incoming support inquiries
- Familiarity with GIS, photogrammetry, or surveying
- Experience in the construction, mining, waste management or aggregates industries
- Respond to all inbound customer support requests in a timely manner and identify/provide the best solution accurately and within quality expectations. Your overall performance will be evaluated based on:
- Timeliness of responses and resolutions
- Customer satisfaction ratings
- Quality assurance scores
- Collaborate with other teams across the business to ensure a consistent customer experience
- Manage an active and ever changing task list to ensure customers are being responded to in a reasonable amount of time
- Participate in the continuous improvement of our processes across the Data Success department
- Employee share options
- Annual professional development budget and leave
- The opportunity to take part in our mentorship program
- HMO gold medical insurance
- Mental health resources
- WFH equipment provided & monthly WFH allowance
- Paid maternity and paternity leave policies
- Paid vacation and sick leave