*This is a remote opportunity and the employee can work from anywhere in the United States
Vention helps some of the most innovative manufacturing companies automate their production floor in just a few days. Vention’s online-first manufacturing automation platform (MAP) enables its clients to design, automate, order, and deploy manufacturing equipment directly from their web browser.
Vention is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with offices in Berlin and Boston, and is used in over 3,000 factories on 5 continents. As one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and Great Place to Work, we are a performance driven culture that cares deeply about happiness. We like ambitious goals, facts & data, and constructive debates. But at the same time, we know that we can’t repeatedly push ourselves if we are not surrounded by an uplifting and caring work environment. Those two sides of our culture, feed each other and are safeguarded with the same level of attention. Our values & principles include:
- We make our clients successful – we do what’s right for our customers, even when it makes our roles more challenging.
- We execute and deliver – we set ambitious goals for ourselves and are energized about meeting them.
- We debate, then commit – we challenge our own perspectives and ideas in pursuit of the best solutions.
- We innovate to inspire – we value innovation in products, user experiences, and business practices.
- We collaborate to achieve more – we work as one team to achieve more than we would on our own.
- We empower our people to reach their full potential – we hold ourselves to high standards but know when to celebrate progress & achievements
- You will lead project discoveries for qualified Automation projects and act as a technical authority for these projects.
- You will maximize assigned territory and help grow sales within territory
- You will own and drive all aspects of the deals assigned to you from prospecting (Inbound / outbound), qualifying , building proposals and then closing stages of an opportunity.
- You will own both a quota, and a travel budget.
- You work and communicate closely with Vention Application Engineers as well as the Applications and Deployment teams to manage the development of projects using our 3D MachineBuilder design tool and applications lab (testing and project validation)
- You participate in the commercials aspects (MEDDPIC, sales strategy, quoting) of Automation projects
- You collaborate with the company senior executives, applications, deployment and automation teams to develop and productize applications
- You train and educate members of the Vention sales teams on technical selling of application products
- Traveling : 30% of the time
- You bring 2-4 years experience in a sales automation, controls or robotics or a customer service position
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Mechanical, Electrical, or Automation Engineering (preferred)
- You have strong communication skills and at ease presenting to clients
- You have strong business acumen or desire to further your knowledge in this area
- You have strong technical acumen or desire to further your knowledge in this area
- You have passion for serving clients and the ability to listen and detect client needs
- You showed the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have a deep interest in engineering topics
How We Take Care of You
- Remote work opportunity
- Global comprehensive health plans so you feel your best
- Career growth opportunities. Your future matters.
- Fun-filled social events curated based on diverse interests for our team to celebrate together. From sponsored sports teams to trivia nights
- Time off to volunteer and give back to your community.
What to Expect in Your Interview
- Initial Call
- Meet the Team
- Decision & Offer
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity
Our culture is an uplifting environment for high achievers. The fast-paced, high-performance environment will give you the opportunity to build products, processes and strategies that will have a lasting impact.
When you join Vention, you join a team of professionals with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. Together, we strive to nurture a supportive and inclusive work environment for all. We push each other to achieve extraordinary results and forge long term relationships as a result of the intensity and passion.
We’re passionate about helping you do your best work. Claim your seat and find out what you can do!
If you’re unsure if your experience perfectly matches our job posting, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are happy to chat and get to know you better while you can understand the role as well.