6 Month contract role
Collinson Group is a global leader in driving loyalty and engagement for many of the world’s largest companies. Predominantly through the provision of travel related benefits within a market leading digital travel ecosystem. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits and Insurance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travellers, creating and delivering products and services now accessible to over 400m end consumers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,800 people.
We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception – from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access Programme, Priority Pass to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP. Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.
Key clients include: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, LATAM, Flying Blue, Accor, EasyJet, HSBC, Chase, HDFC.
Our mission is focused on doing good beyond profit, which for us means we seek out opportunities for our people to share in our success and that we give back to the communities and people within which we work.
Never short of ambition, the success of our business is delivered through the diverse and talented team of over 1,800 colleagues globally.
Purpose of the job
The Senior iOS Developer at Collinson’s Travel Experience Division will be at the forefront of bringing our visionary roadmap to life, focusing on delivering globally appealing, customer-centric solutions. Acknowledging the importance of regional nuances, the chosen candidate will guarantee that our digital offerings strike a chord at both the universal and localized levels. This role is pivotal in architecting and developing iOS applications that offer a smooth, user-friendly travel experience for our global clientele.
• Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
• Maintain and improve existing codebase, focusing on continuous integration and deployment strategies.
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
• Integrate with third-party libraries and APIs, ensuring seamless functionality.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• Coordinate with the design team to ensure UI/UX best practices are followed.
• Address any security vulnerabilities and work to ensure a secure app environment.
• Stay updated with the latest mobile trends, architectures, and emerging technologies.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Minimum of 6 years in iOS native development.
• Proficient with Swift and Cocoa Touch.
• Experience with iOS frameworks, including but not limited to Core Data, Core Graphics, and Core Text.
• Familiarity with third-party libraries and experience in integration with Rest APIs.
• Deep understanding of push notifications, app security, offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
• Experience with source control management systems.
• Knowledgeable about Agile tools and continuous integration/deployment environments.
• Well-versed in the general mobile landscape, architectures, and current trends.
• Experience with Airship and/or Salesforce is a distinct advantage.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
• Collaborative team player with an ability to work in cross-functional environments.
• Proactive, results-oriented, and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Collinson is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes differences in all their forms including: colour, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodivergence, family status, age, individuals with disabilities and people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences as we strongly believe this contributes to our on-going success.
We are focused on continually evolving our purpose driven, high performing culture, providing an environment where our people have the opportunity to achieve their full potential and do interesting and meaningful work. Our company values are: Act smarter, Do the right thing, One team and Be insight led. These help guide everything we do internally in terms of how we think, act and interact, right through to how we deliver value to our customers and clients.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need any extra support throughout the interview process, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have our very own Beacons (Domestic Abuse Advisors) supporting within each of our global offices. Our Beacons will be your point of contact if you or someone you know needs support.