We’re looking for our first Finance Associate to enhance and oversee key aspects of our financial operations. You will work closely with the Finance Lead to ensure the smooth execution of various financial processes, provide insightful data analysis, and be a pivotal contact point for inbound agent inquiries.
This is a unique opportunity to directly influence the expansion of one of the country’s fastest growing Medicare brokerages.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute monthly commission disbursement and marketing co-op management
- Audit commission proceeds & marketing funds from agency and carrier partners
- Respond to agent inquiries regarding commissions and Spark billing
- Collaborate with accountants to ensure timely monthly closings and accurate reporting
- Build leadership reports on key financial metrics and KPIs
- Design and implement scalable workflows within the finance team to enhance operational efficiency
- Oversee corporate bill processing and marketing co-op reimbursements, ensuring adherence to financial policies
What You’ll Need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field
- At least 2 years of experience in a finance role, with a preference for experience in startup environments
- Analytical mindset with meticulous attention to detail and a strong desire to continuously learn and grow
- Ability to wear multiple hats, a bias for action, and adeptness in managing tight schedules
- Strong skills in Excel, QuickBooks, and familiarity with other financial tools and software
- Strong communication abilities and a collaborative approach to teamwork
How You’ll Be Compensated:
- Spark is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base salary range for this role is currently $85,000 – $110,000 for NYC positions only. Salary ranges are determined through alignment with market data. The base salary amount offered is determined by a number of factors including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and skills. This salary range may differ in other states.
- Eligibility for equity