Operating system deployment and update expert – REMOTE – European Commission
2. DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
Following tasks will be performed by external service provider:
• Establishment/maintenance of procedures related to deployment of Drupal sites.
• Support to developers inusing CI/CD tools and for deployment operations.
• Deployment of security patches for drupal sites.
• Software configuration management for the infrastructures used for hosting Drupal sites.
• Provide support and follow up on requests for various site owners and webmasters.
• Implementation and support of CI/CD for Drupal sites.
• Management of development infrastructure (application servers provided to developers based on Cloud9 in AWS).
• Analysis of drupal sites performances.
• Support diagnosis and investigation in site incidents and implement workaround in order to restore functionality.
• Investigate repetitive incidents for root cause identification and implement solutions to prevent such incidents from happening.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of information system architecture and improvements of the architecture of the hosting solution.
• Release management and controls.
• Provision of expert advice and assistance, technology watch, evaluation studies, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns and best practices in Drupal/LAMP web infrastructure technology.
• Provision of quality plans, quality assessments, quality control tests, evaluations and service level agreements associated with information system infrastructure services or projects.
• Assistance in the implementation of a software engineering methodology.
• Provision of security studies, security assessments and other specific security matters related to Drupal/LAMP web infrastructure.
• Elaboration of vision documents focused upon infrastructure components.
• Risk análisis.
• Review of Information Systems Infrastructure Architectures.
• Provision of technical evaluations and audit reports in relation with Europa information systems infrastructure.
• Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users.
• Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting.
• Interaction with the business analysts, customer, users, project leaders and the developers.
• Provide on boarding training to new developers in the use of CI/CD tools included in the EC DIGIT Drupal hosting service.
3. LEVEL OF EDUCATION
As stated in the Article 126.96.36.199. of DIGIT-TM II Service requirements, a minimum educational qualification for lot 3 is: Level of education corresponding to Level 7 of the European Qualification Framework which typically corresponds to a master degree of 5 years.
4. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Following skills and knowledge are required for the performance of the above listed tasks:
• Very good knowledge of Drupal and PHP.
• Very good knowledge of the EC DIGIT Drupal hosting service.
• Good knowledge of Composer.
• Good knowledge of LAMP and drupal hosting solutions.
• Good knowledge of gitlab and CI/CD capabilities.
• Good knowledge of Nextcloud.
• Familiarity with AWS cloud.
• Ability to give business and technical presentations.
• Ability to apply high quality standards.
• Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in Drupal hosting.
• Very good communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
• Analysis and problem solving skills.
• Capability to write clear and structured technical documents.
• Ability to participate in technical meetings and good communication skills.
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
• Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team.
• Ability to participate in multilingual meetings.
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects.
• Excellent Team Player.
• Ability to understand, speak and write English (B2) will be an advantage.
• High degree of discretion and integrity is required as the applications managed and maintained in the unit contain personal and confidential data.
5. SPECIFIC EXPERTISE
Following specific expertise is mandatory for the performance of tasks:
• At least 5 years of specific expertise in Drupal (min. competence level )
• At least 5 years of specific expertise with the CI/CD tools of the EC DIGIT Drupal hosting service (min. competence level )
• At least 4 years of experience in supporting developers in the use of CI/CD tools for drupal (min. competence level )