We are Mercedes-Benz.io. Our mission is to Ignite and build the digital solutions for Mercedes-Benz by forming a tribe of digital enthusiasts that drive Mercedes-Benz digital future.
Therefore, we offer 100% flexibility! You can choose if you want to work from your mobile office in Portugal, or from our offices in Lisbon or Braga. It’s up to each of us to decide according to our needs.
We don’t care about your shoes, as long as you are wearing the right attitude. At Mercedes-Benz.io we walk the talk and make things happen. We do not digitize for the sake of being digital but for a better tomorrow for our customers. That’s not our job; it’s our passion. Therefore, we love to reflect and challenge everything – the status quo, Mercedes-Benz, and ourselves. We share the same beliefs and stand up for each other and this is why we hire unique people to join our Tribe of digital enthusiasts.
WHAT IS CENTRAL OPS & SERVICES?
In the Central Operations and Services Area, we provide reliable cloud solutions and different technical services to enable Mercedes-Benz digital products to focus on their business purpose.
We build up cloud infrastructure and services such as CI/CD Tools, Monitoring & Logging solutions, and many more tools used by our software development teams. Besides just providing tools, our teams collaborate closely with the Software Development teams to ensure and increase developer satisfaction by optimizing the platform services.
The Teams within the Area enables e.g. Identity Access Management or coherent customer data handling for all users interacting with the digital touchpoints.
Our central Service Management Team provides a overarching service management model including processes and tools.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
As QA Engineer you will be responsible of and advocate for the entire quality assurance standards & processes of your team.
- Define Quality and Testing processes from feature conception to product release
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Support your team at daily basis on requirements analysis, testing & reporting
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Execute every set of tests, from integration, regression and including exploratory testing
- Execute both manual and automated tests (API and/or GUI)
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and work together with development team to solve the issues
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Work in strict collaboration with other QA engineers to align and optimize standards and processes across the company
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
TO SUCCEED YOU NEED
- Be a master on proactivity and be self-organized
- Passionate about product quality and excellence
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies, QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Familiar with (at least) one object-oriented programming language
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black-box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools & framework implementation
- Knowledge of Web API Services REST and SOAP
THERE WILL BE BIG SMILES IF YOU
- Know of CI/CD workflow tools such as GitHub, Gitlab, Jenkins, Travis, SonarQube, etc.
- Know about container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Know about Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Have non-functional testing knowledge with focus on Performance Testing
YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH
- Open source software
- No top-down hierarchy. We trust in your self-organization
- Colleagues that are as smart, hardworking and driven as you
- An amazing open-minded and informal culture with the backup of a giant company like Mercedes-Benz
- IPhone, MacBook Pro or Dell (your choice) and noise-cancelling headphones
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance
- Proactive self-development in international Trainings and Conferences
- Language Training courses
- Wellbeing actions (massages, nutrition sessions, happy hour and more)
- Brand Connection Perks
- Much more cool stuff …
THIS IS WHAT OUR PROCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Screening Call with our recruiter to get to know your motivation & your experiencie
- Technical Challenge
- Technical Interview
- Final Interview
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO KNOW ABOUT US
Mercedes-Benz.io develops software and technology for the digital platforms of Mercedes-Benz. Our main products are the Mercedes-Benz Website worldwide, the e-commerce platform, digital services and aftersales solutions.
We have a fantastic team with people from all over the world. We encourage frequent collaboration and pairing across disciplines. English is the main working language.
Mercedes-Benz.io is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that diverse experiences and a broad collective perspective lead to a better company culture and better products.
Interested in engaging with a continuously evolving company to work hard, play hard and party hard? If so, please send your resumé (in English and PDF).