Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health oncology platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has commercially launched Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx, Guardant360 TissueNext™, Guardant360 Response™, and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients, and Guardant Reveal™ for early-stage cancer patients. The Guardant Health screening portfolio, including the Shield™ test, aims to address the needs of individuals eligible for cancer screening.
This is an opportunity to join the growing Screening and Early Detection commercial team at Guardant Health as a field-based Account Executive and work hand in hand with sales leadership to help set go-to-market sales strategy and launch a revolutionary new technology for cancer screening. The field-based Account Executive – Screening is responsible for effectively promoting cancer screening colorectal cancer (CRC) liquid biopsy to healthcare providers in the primary care practice setting. This position will act with urgency and with passion to deliver best-in-class new products for early cancer detection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect and target healthcare providers for high utilization of SHIELD to screen patients for CRC and other cancers.
- Meet or exceed sales goals, maximize promotional budgets, and execute the national sales strategy in accordance with Guardant Health standards.
- Drive strategic business expansion/collaboration opportunities with primary care providers and their practices.
- Develop and implement a business plan in line with brand strategy to support launch.
- Identify and partner with national, regional and local laboratories that offer phlebotomy draw agreements. Initiate and secure lab service draw agreements, in-service and train specimen collection, workflow and
- Identify opportunities in the marketplace, share best practices, and proactively communicate strategies to cross-functional partners and members of the Commercial Team.
- Continually analyze competitive landscape and environment within assigned accounts to determine trends and provide customer feedback to GHI leadership.
- Structure detailed strategic plans for gaining and retaining new and existing clients.
- Manage implementation of all promotional activities to support sales and marketing strategies, in accordance with high industry standards and company policies.
- Work effectively with individuals across multiple departments throughout Guardant Health.
- Collaborate and coordinate with sales team to ensure successful attainment of company goals and objectives.
- Embrace, embody and represent the Guardant Health company culture at all times to external and internal constituents.
- This is a field-based role – must have ability to travel daily within assigned territory and some travel outside of assigned area for regional or national meetings.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- 4+ years of direct experience in a customer-facing sales role in the healthcare industry (diagnostics, medical device and/or pharmaceutical sales) with a solid history of 1) consistent closing abilities and 2) proven past performance that has met and exceeded expectations.
- Comfortable communicating, presenting, selling to healthcare providers and office staff members.
- Impeccable oral and verbal communication and presentation skills; superior listening and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to engage in a consultative selling process that overcomes objections and indifferences while connecting client needs with GH capabilities.
- Ability to maintain an outstanding level of market, customer, distribution and product knowledge necessary to accomplish sales objectives.
- Excellent negotiation, problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a very high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and utilize cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and objectives.
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction.
- Strong administrative skills to manage business in complex environments. Must be proficient at in person, phone and virtual selling environments.
- Must be very proficient with all Microsoft Office products & CRM systems (preferably Salesforce and Veeva).
- Demonstrate Guardant Health values by acting with integrity, respect, trust and possess a very positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change.
- Experience with sales/marketing of diagnostic products (blood-based testing and/or phlebotomy) directly to primary care healthcare providers and their practices.
- Product launch planning and launch execution experience.
- Familiarity with primary care practice landscape in territory.
- High-touch customer service skills.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to conduct field office and customer visits.
- Ability to meet specific doctor office and health clinic entry/access requirements.
- Ability to travel daily throughout the territory as needed.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is 110,000 to 133,000. The range does not include benefits and if applicable, bonus, commission, or equity. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries across all US locations for the posted role with the exception of any locations specifically referenced below (if any).
Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, but not limited to, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. If you are selected to move forward, the recruiting team will provide details specific to the factors above.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our hiring processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need support, please reach out to Peopleteam@guardanthealth.com
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/