About the company
At Ocean, we’re on a mission to become the UK’s leading credit platform for people not served by the mainstream, helping them improve their financial wellbeing over their lifetime. We’ve been doing this for over 30 years, continuing to strive for better services for our customers.
We do this by helping our customers make informed decisions and access personal finance products.
If you’re excited by our mission, please keep reading!
Join Our Team:
At Ocean Finance we’re on the hunt for a talented and driven Senior Paid Search Manager. You’ll be a key stakeholder for our paid media team, managing the paid search marketing for a high spending product, working closely with other departments like data and analytics as well as product, copyright and design teams. We are looking for someone who’s not just skilled in paid search, but who is also commercially minded with strong analytical mindset ready to take full ownership of the P&L. Someone who spends every penny in marketing as if it’s their own money and have an outstanding attention to detail to identify opportunities. You’ll be a key player in driving incremental revenue and profit to our organization.
As a Senior Paid Search Manager, you will:
- Take full ownership of the Paid Search activity for the product you will be assigned to
- Plan, execute and monitor campaigns according to the business strategy to achieve targets and ongoing growth
- Uphold the highest standards into running the marketing activity
- Continuous improvement of our performance, processes and workflows by challenging the status quo, both in terms of quality and efficiency
- Build strong relationships with internal teams, facilitating communication with stakeholders
- Regularly communicate insights and findings with teams and senior leadership
- Analyse data to monitor performance, traffic quality and identify marketing growth opportunities
- Hold frequent communications with existing account managers from Google/Microsoft to access key insights and Betas which will help the business to stay ahead of the competition
- Stay ahead of the curve in paid search and marketing, integrating relevant advancements into our practices.
Skills and Experience:
- Mastery of Google Ads is essential; Google Search 360 experience is a significant advantage.
- Familiarity with Display and Meta Ads and understanding how these can help paid search
- Skilled in Google Analytics for a deeper monitoring of paid activity
- Exceptional analytical abilities
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent attention to detail is a must in a highly regulated environment like financial services
- Outstanding communication and teamwork capabilities
- The ability to engage both technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- Proven competence in a dynamic setting, juggling multiple projects and priorities with ease.
What we’ll do for you
- Pay you competitively and review your salary every year
- Welcome you into our awesome team (dare we say the best? We do, yes!)
- Bring the kind of vibe where we want you to share your ideas, even if it’s not “your area”
- Provide you with all the kit you need to work from home.
- Help you plan for life after work with our pension scheme.
- Take care of your health with eye test vouchers, Ocean Health Plan and our employee assistance programme
- Give you 25 days holiday (to start with), as well as local public holidays and a day off on your birthday.
- Support you with training, mentoring and anything else you need to further your development and hit your career goals
- Invite you to regular online and in-person team socials, as well as the occasional team retreat somewhere exotic
- Help you help others with optional “community” days for volunteering