As ACH Underwriting analyst, you will review and analyze ACH merchant applications to qualify their credit worthiness. You will follow all Nuvei appropriate credit and ACH policies and guidelines to mitigate overall financial, reputational, and compliance risk exposures. You will be actively engaged with the Loss Prevention and Sales teams to identify risk and market trends.
- Conduct detailed credit & risk analysis of applying merchant accounts to determine creditworthiness as well as identifying potential risks and ACH rule compliance.
- Demonstrate strong methodical skills in analyzing data, drawing meaningful conclusions, preparing written summary of results in accordance with department procedures & making holistic business recommendations.
- Maintain communication & collaboration with partners, merchants & co-workers.
- Process applications efficiently & with analytical thinking to reduce & streamline the workload of the underwriting department within a reasonable time frame.
- Answer internal and external inquiries with regard to Underwriting issues.
- 2 years’ experience Underwriting in bankcard/ACH industry required
- 1 year experience Underwriting regulated verticals, like Marketplaces, Travel, Payment Facilitation, Pharmacies, Tobacco/Vape, MLMs, Credit Repair, Debt Relief, etc. required
- Experience in Underwriting highly regulated verticals like Third Party Senders, Gaming, Sweepstakes, cryptocurrency brokerages, MSB’s a plus.
- Experience with drafting high level write-ups to submit to banks and c-level executives for concurrence
- Intermediate knowledge of the NACHA rules
- Ability to read and understand financial statements
- Ability to calculate financial risk & delayed delivery exposure
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good business sense
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Nuvei (Nasdaq: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) is the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 45+ markets, 150 currencies and more than 580 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.