Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Application Developer Team Lead WFH? At Work from Home, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Work from Home, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
Colleague recognition program
Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Application Developer Team Lead WFH like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary –
The Application Developer creates database and web applications to support the Service Center. The position is responsible for ascertaining business requirements from the Service Center business users and incorporating those requirements into applications that meet the defined need(s). The position is also responsible for assisting the Application Development Manager with other duties as assigned, including maintenance and support of ongoing applications. The team lead will be expected to coach and mentor application developers. Strong communication skills, both oral & written are a requirement.
Duties (included but not limited to):
· Assists in developing, supporting, and maintaining database and web applications.
· Documents technical requirements by working with the Application Development Manager or business users.
· Completes assigned development tasks according to project plan and communicates obstacles.
· Assists in developing prototypes/models and determining data sources.
· Follows technical and development standards when developing database and web components.
· Executes application unit testing plans… and documents / resolves resulting defects.
· Coordinates system and user acceptance testing.
· Creates and maintains application documentation.
· Assists in analyzing and executing change requests and enhancements.
· Resolves application issues as instructed.
· Develops appropriate application controls to mitigate operational and financial risks.
· Act as a liaison between Application Development and SSC business users.
· Actively participates in application design sessions.
· Provides technical guidance to business users.
· Devises technical solutions to promote business activities.
· Performs monthly application monitoring and maintenance as assigned.
· Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value” Statement.
· Assists with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Organization – Follows department development standards and change control processes. Actively builds technical knowledge by taking advantage of internal team mentoring and attending professional development opportunities.
· Communication – communicates clearly and concisely (oral and written)
· Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
· Tactical execution – demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to get the required results in the established timeframe.
· Possess good computational skills and strong understanding of algorithms
· Technical skills
o Strong working knowledge architecting SQL databases, proven experience creating new SQL databases as well as significant exposure to other databases (such as DB2, Teradata, Oracle, EDW, etc) as well as ETL tools (such as SSIS).
o Strong working knowledge of using SQL Monitor, execution plans, troubleshooting slow performing queries, etc.
o Ability to create Technical Specification Requirement documents with minimal input from manager or peers.
· Bachelor’s Degree Information Systems or related degree. Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
· Minimum of 5 years Information Technology experience including database and web application design.
§ Strong experience creating new C# applications from initial request to final deployment in production, with minimal assistance from Manager.
§ Strong working knowledge of Source Control (such as TFS).
§ Strong working knowledge of SQL Stored Procedures, functions, indexes and cursors.
§ Strong expertise with ETL tools (such as SSIS).
§ Strong ability to architect Logical & Physical database designs.
§ Prior DBA experience beneficial.
o Production Support:
§ Very comfortable with utilizing SQL Monitor, execution plans, SQL Profiler, troubleshooting slow performing queries, etc.
o Experience with HCA systems preferred.
Parallon provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has over 17,000 colleagues, and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients, providers and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Application Developer Team Lead WFH opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.