Started in 2016, FreedomCare is a Healthcare company that is innovating and revolutionizing the way home care is delivered. We bring dignity and support to patients needing care in their homes and to the caregivers who care for them. We’re the largest consumer-directed home care agency in NY State, and are continually expanding our areas of focus including operations in other states and tech-based innovations.
We pride ourselves on our values which drive the level of care that we deliver to our patients:
- Here For You (An attitude of service, empathy, and availability)
- Own It (Drive and ownership)
- Do the Right Thing (High integrity)
- Be Positive (Great attitude and a can-do positive approach to challenges)
Join our team and make a positive impact on the lives of others! We are looking for a Director of Learning & Talent Development for our People & Culture team.
Location: nationwide, preferably well-situated to travel to many parts of the country; able to meet in the NYC area for meetings 3-4 times per quarter.
Department & Position Overview:
We are a growing company committed to investing in our employees’ ongoing learning and development. This new role will be the strategy and the glue behind our learning efforts.
Your high-level mission is to make learning fun, sticky, programmatic, and effective at creating behavior change to better support our mission. Ultimately this means inspiring us all to learn and grow, and to offer an exceptional and loving customer experience for the caregivers and patients we serve.
Every Day You Will:
- Partner with our Head of People & Culture to design strategy and program plans
- Key thought partner to Head of People & Culture as well as other senior leadership team members on strategies and ideas to grow our people
- Oversee our functional training for our largest teams, partnering with those team’s trainers to revamp training, provide ongoing coaching to trainers, and scale up our onboarding capacity
- Oversee our many learning initiatives to support ongoing career development for all levels
- Enable a two-prong strategy with virtual-first training as well as in-person training options and ongoing refreshers
- Design and facilitate a whole suite of training, including manager training, new manager training, communication skills, time management, and the list goes on
- Create exciting programs that sell themselves, supporting our philosophy of enabling individuals to drive their own career path and growth
- Integrate a feedback loop and use data to continually improve our learning programs
- Bring expertise in effective adult learning strategies, instructional design, virtual training and tools
- Create a host of learning tools to support ongoing learning, including a learning platform, self-serve resources, refresher courses and learning aides
- Build out strategy for talent development, connecting learning programs both large and small to all phases of the employee lifecycle. Partner with other People Team leaders to prioritize and roll out programs.
- Create career pathing and learning opportunities that are exciting to employees and fill our business needs.
- Build and lead a highly effective learning team, using coaching skills to develop team members
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- 3-5 years of experience facilitating for a variety of audiences
- 3-5 years of experience designing content from scratch, including topics on manager development, effectiveness for individual contributors, and ideally customer support
- Experience or exposure to building out L&D and/or TD strategy preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience bringing best practices in virtual tools and remote training
- Experience managing a Learning Management System (LMS) and leveraging instructional design tools
- Ability to connect with and adapt to all types of learners
- Ability to effectively coach others, including team members, trainers, and coworkers
- Experience building and/or leading a team
- Strong track record of delivering impactful learning programs
- Strong cross-functional relationship-building skills
- Tech-savvy and excited about virtual learning
- Excellent writing skills; able to write training materials and content quickly and effectively
- Proven ability to take ownership, to work independently, to create exciting and compelling programs
- Education relating to adult learning styles and strategies, and instructional design
- Relevant Masters degree preferred, but not required
Why work at FreedomCare?
We are here for you and committed to providing a best-in-class employee experience. We offer competitive compensation, medical benefits, retirement plans, wellness programs, fun company events and ongoing learning opportunities to grow your career.
This is a place where your voice matters, where we build great relationships, and your work has meaning and a tangible positive impact on others!
At FreedomCare, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, citizenship or immigration status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
At FreedomCare, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides our employees with the opportunity to professionally grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $150,000 and $180,000 per year at the commencement of your first year of employment. Compensation decisions are dependent upon a variety of factors which may include, but are not limited to: skill set, years of relevant experience, education, location, and licensure/certifications.