The Sales Development Representative position at SchoolStatus is critical to obtaining new business opportunities for the sales team’s pipeline and achieving continued growth for the Company. You will uncover qualified opportunities via consistent prospecting of segmented accounts in a relevant and personalized manner. You will utilize lead qualification standards (Budget, Authority, Need/Pain, Timeline) to ensure the quality of the lead.
The impact you’ll have:
- Strategize and align with Sales on targeting accounts and messaging
- Research accounts for missing data and personalization points
- Capture and manage information/data/metrics in Salesforce CRM systems
- Incorporate Marketing content and buyer intent data into prospecting
- Utilize Outreach sequences to keep prospecting tasks organized
- Follow ABM and Omnichannel methods (prospect to multiple personas via varied channels)
- Align with the defined sales dev team process for prospecting, hosting discovery calls, and passing leads to Sales
- Nurture and track accounts that are not yet qualified but show promise for future pipeline
- Prioritize Inbound Leads; Manage and qualify leads generated by Marketing
- Help drive event attendance (Webinar, Conference, etc.) and thoroughly follow up on event leads to convert attendees to qualified opportunities
- Participate in team prospecting challenges, continuous improvement sessions, and LinkedIn posting
- Share proven techniques with sales dev team-mates
What you’ll bring:
- One year of experience prospecting for a SaaS organization
- Proficient in Salesforce and Outreach Sales Engagement Platform
- Enthusiastic, reliable, goal-driven, and independent self-starter with strong organizational and creative thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed and work as an individual contributor as well as part of a team
- Ability to meet or exceed quotas
- Familiarity with Drift or Vidyard for Video Prospecting is a plus
- Please note there is a variable component to the base compensation
Our Benefits & Perks:
- Work From Anywhere: We embrace a remote-first culture, allowing flexibility in work locations.
- 401k: We offer 100% match up to 6% to help employees plan for their retirement.
- Flexible Time Off: We prioritize work-life balance for our employees and encourage team members to take the time they need to recharge & be their best.
- Paid Parental Leave: We support parent-child bonding and strive for increased gender equality at home and in the workplace.
- Benefits: 100% coverage for medical, dental & vision for our employees. Additional benefits include HRA, life insurance, & AD&D insurance.
- Culture Of Our Values: Our values are not mere words; they guide our decisions and actions.
- Pledge 1%: We are a part of the global movement; we pledge to give back to our community.
- Winter Shutdown: During November, we have a one-week shutdown, and in December, a two-week shutdown.
- Childcare: Our dependent care program enables you to pay for out-of-pocket daycare costs with pre-tax dollars; up to a certain amount.
This role is base + commission
Please note that the compensation information is a good faith estimate, and is provided pursuant to Equal Pay Laws. SchoolStatus intends to offer the selected candidate base pay dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors, such as experience. Our team will provide more information about the total compensation package for this position during the interview process.
SchoolStatus is a fast-growing K-12 EdTech company dedicated to transforming education through innovative technology solutions that create a seamless solution for managing data and communications between schools, districts and student caretakers. Join our team and make a meaningful impact on the future of education and student outcomes.
We deeply value diversity and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment for all our employees. We believe that exceptional candidates bring unique perspectives and skills that go beyond a checklist. If you don’t check all the boxes but believe you have the potential and passion for the role, we encourage you to apply. You might be exactly the candidate we are seeking!