Speechify is the easiest way to listen to the world’s information. Articles on the web, documents in the cloud, books on your phone. We absorb it all and let you listen to it at your desk, on the go, at your own speed, and with tools that make learning easier, deeper, and faster.
What streaming services have done for audio entertainment, we’re doing for audio information. And whatever we’re doing seems to be working. We’re #1 in our category, and experiencing exponential growth.
As Speechify expands, our Growth team seeks a Senior Software Engineer. This role is central to ensuring our success at Speechify by working on key features like: Payments, Analytics, Subscriptions and our API. If you are passionate about strategizing, enjoy high-paced environments, and are eager to take ownership of product decisions, we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- State of the art voice cloning
- Low latency and cost effective text to speech
An Ideal Candidate Should Have
- Proven experience in backend development: TS/Node (required), Python, Rust, Kotlin, Go (Preferred).
- Direct experience with GCP and knowledge of AWS, Azure, or other cloud providers.
- Efficiency in ideation and implementation, prioritizing tasks based on urgency and impact.
- Preferred: Experience with Docker and containerized deployments.
- Preferred: Proficiency in deploying high availability applications on Kubernetes
What We Offer
- A dynamic environment where your contributions shape the company and its products.
- A team that values innovation, intuition, and drive.
- Autonomy, fostering focus and creativity.
- The opportunity to have a significant impact in a revolutionary industry.
- Competitive compensation, a welcoming atmosphere, and a commitment to an exceptional asynchronous work culture.
- The privilege of working on a product that changes lives, particularly for those with learning differences like dyslexia, ADD, and more.
- An active role at the intersection of artificial intelligence and audio – a rapidly evolving tech domain.
Think you’re a good fit for this job?
Tell us more about yourself and why you’re interested in the role when you apply.
And don’t forget to include links to your portfolio and LinkedIn.
Not looking but know someone who would make a great fit?
Speechify is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Speechify does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.