Founded in 2019, Bold.org has quickly grown to become the largest student scholarship / finance platform in the US, with a mission of Fighting Student Debt. It’s an ambitious goal that will take years to reach.
Day-to-day, it means that we’re a team of dozens, serving a platform of millions, with trillions of dollars in student debt at stake.
At Bold.org, anyone and any company can create customized scholarships, fellowships, and grants in minutes with the confidence that the award will go to deserving individuals who will boldly change the world.
Students and graduates use Bold.org to win scholarships, manage their finances, and redeem their earned rewards to pay for their education.
We’re profitable, growing quickly and hiring amazing people who want to change the education, finance, and philanthropy landscapes. If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
The Bold.org platform generates a combined 8 figures annually in revenue and donations across two organizations, 50+ partners, several key product lines, and more.
We’re hiring a VP of Finance to own operations and strategy across all of our financial infrastructure, ranging from accounting/bookkeeping, financial planning & analysis, vendor/partner negotiations, accounts receivable collections, ledger, rewards, P&L management of new product lines, management of the investment and cashflow of a multi-million dollar fund, non-profit financial operations, and more.
In this role, you will work closely with our Donor Relations, Growth, Product, and Operations Teams to instill and execute excellence in for-profit and nonprofit financial operations and strategy. You’ll join the Bold.org Executive Team and own driving maturity in our financial infrastructure as we scale.
- Onboard onto the Bold.org platform to understand all cashflows, including all revenue streams and donation flows.
- Build and iterate on an FP&A model for each business unit and the business as a whole.
- Work with our Accounting/Finance Manager to run our monthly bookkeeping process for both Bold.org and the Bold Foundation.
- Improve our financial operations to accelerate and drive certainty for AR collections, the monthly close, projected cashflows and cash management, and more.
- Prepare monthly financial reports, including balance sheets, P&Ls, analysis of projections vs. actuals, etc. for both Bold.org and the Bold Foundation.
- Execute and expand the investment policy for the Bold Foundation to ensure we can best serve donor and student needs.
- Improve our product and data infrastructure to ensure streamlined or automated reconciliation across all of our proprietary database, financial infrastructure, and reporting.
- Own reconciliation of donation records and scholarship disbursements, working with our engineering team to automate these processes.
- Ensure our payroll processes run smoothly and are prepared for the next level of scale.
- Set budgets in key areas across the company, empowering teams to operate rapidly and effectively.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Demonstrated experience as a finance leader at rapidly growing startups.
- Highly analytical. You build your own dashboards, quickly achieve fluency with a dataset or funnel, and excel at building clear, insightful models to guide decision-making.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional ability to make complicated things simple and drive certainty in financial operations and reporting.
- Experience leading accounting/bookkeeping operations and teams.
- In-depth understanding of GAAP best practices.
- Hands-on experience with financial management platforms like QuickBooks, Bill.com, and Gusto, including a sense for where more robust platforms are required as we scale.
- A builder. You love building new financial infrastructure from scratch at rapidly growing companies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An exceptional individual contributor. You excel at learning quickly and figuring things out yourself. You prefer to spend most of your time as an individual contributor.
- Kind. You’re generally a pleasure to work with. We value our culture and don’t make compromises on this.
Location and Time Commitment
We are fully remote – you can work wherever you’re most productive. This role is full-time and will need to overlap with US ET for the majority of the workday. It is a high-ownership, executive team opportunity that demands a level of dedication beyond the standard 9 to 5. We need someone who goes above and beyond to make a real impact.
Our compensation packages are designed to make this your dream job for both the short and long term. Each compensation package includes base salary and equity. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and unlimited PTO.