The Luxor team has built a range of solutions for Bitcoin mining and compute power, including a globally distributed mining pool, data and research focused website (Hashrate Index), Ordinals market reference (OrdinalHub), firmware, an ASIC brokerage desk and RFQ platform, a wide variety of blockchain software, as well as Hashrate derivatives markets and tools. Our product suite is growing rapidly and as such we are looking to expand our data engineering team.
You will develop the technical design for cloud solutions, influence designs across R&D using original research and advanced analysis. You’ll design solutions for business critical and highly complex engineering projects by applying extensive domain expertise in performance testing. You’ll provide oversight of code and design reviews, and ensure features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements.
Our teams own mission-critical aspects of a rapidly growing, globally distributed platforms, and, as such, you will have an incredible amount of impact on the current state and future direction of our product, with visibility throughout the organization and a significant opportunity to take ownership.
This role will report directly to the CTO. This is a remote role. The ideal candidate is based between UTC-8 and UTC-3 timezones.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our small collaborative, and fast-moving team to work on one of the most rewarding projects in the Bitcoin mining industry.
– A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a closely related technical discipline, or equivalent hands-on experience.
– Experience building data pipelines/ETL and familiarity with design principles.
– Mastery in Python, PostgreSQL, and PL/pgSQL with a proven track record of developing and administering extensive databases, emphasizing performance optimization and support in native cloud environments.
– Experience working in containerized environments using Docker and Kubernetes.
– Proficiency in data warehouse technologies (Trino, ClickHouse or similar).
– Hands-on experience with stream-processing systems (RedPanda and Kafka).
– English language proficiency.
– 4+ years of working experience in relevant data field.
– Knowledge of blockchain technology / mining pool industry.
– Experience with other coding languages like Java and/or Go.
– Experience delivering and owning web-scale data systems in production.
– Experience with monitoring tools and platforms.
– Experience with Nix and devenv.
The Ideal Candidate:
– Has an interest in creating an entirely new market with Hashrate (compute power) as a commodity.
– Has an interest in thinking and evolving the architecture of our software to make it robust and maintainable.
– Enjoys writing code and pushing boundaries of what has been done so far.
– Brings fun to the team but can also push quality code on schedule.
– Build scalable and reliable data pipelines that provide accurate data feeds from internal and external systems.
– Govern scalable & performant cloud-deployed production relational and non-relational databases.
– Collaborate on architecture definitions, always thinking of solutions that are scalable and secure.
– Design, document, automate and execute test plans to ensure the quality of the datasets.
– Participate in the process of generating and analyzing features.
At Luxor we believe that meaningful contributions can be made by anyone. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Luxor is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Luxor welcomes all.
****Luxor does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Luxor will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Luxor.