Diligent is the global leader in modern governance, providing SaaS solutions across governance, risk, compliance, audit and ESG. Empowering more than 1 million users and 700,000 board members and leaders with a holistic view of their organization’s GRC practices so they can make better decisions, faster. No matter the challenge.
At Diligent, you are an agent of positive change. You are joining a team of passionate, smart, creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place. Be a part of a global community on a mission to make a real impact.
Learn more at diligent.com.
The Account Executive will be responsible for closing mid-market and enterprise new business in the US for Diligent, the leading SaaS provider of secure corporate governance and collaboration solutions for boards and senior executives.
- Develop expert knowledge in the Company’s SaaS offerings.
- Apply the Challenger sales methodology during the sales process.
- Understand customer needs and help develop solutions through the Company’s offerings.
- Present Diligent’s solutions via in-person and web demonstrations.
- Research and understand the market for Diligent’ s solutions, including competitor analysis.
- Prospect new leads to supplement inbound enquiries and build pipeline.
- Negotiate and close on an increasing volume of sales targets each quarter.
- Work with the marketing team to target specific accounts and implement the global strategy in a way that has meaning locally to your market yet remains consistent with the brand.
- Maintain detailed records in Salesforce and strong forecasting skills.
- Deepen and expand relationships and influence with Private
- Equity (PE) sponsors.
- Create awareness and adoption at the sponsor and portfolio company level of
- Diligent’s growing suite of PE products.
- Promote Diligent’s thought leadership in the PE space, helping Diligent to
- craft effective and engaging content to progress the industry’s thinking
- and grow its increasing focus on Diligent.
- Create champions for Diligent products within PE law firm practices and
- consulting groups.
This role requires excellent communication and negotiation skills. Additionally, qualified candidates have:
- A minimum of 4 years in selling SaaS or technology-related products or services with a track record of consistently closing new business.
- Experience presenting to C-level executives.
- Experience selling to multiple stakeholders during a complex sales cycle that could last several months.
- Experience with online selling applications (Zoom)
- Comfort applying Challenger principles during a sales process.
- Comfort utilizing Salesforce.
- A passion for problem-solving, learning a new industry, and constantly improving their sales knowledge.
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, global days of service, comprehensive health benefits, meeting free days, generous time off policy and wellness programs to name a few
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, Singapore, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., Baltimore, London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent’s EEO Policy and Know Your Rights. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.