CommentSold is the North American leader in live selling technology (ranked by G2), having enabled over 7,000 small to mid-sized retailers with live-selling tools, generating over 166 million items sold with $3.8B+ in lifetime GMV. CommentSold’s technology continues to provide businesses and creators of all sizes with best-in-class solutions for delivering engaging live video commerce experiences across all of their sales channels simultaneously. CommentSold moved into direct-to-consumer commerce via the acquisition of assets of Popshoplive, a community-driven livestream shopping marketplace app at the intersection of social, e-commerce and entertainment. In 2022, CommentSold debuted its lightweight video commerce plugin technology, Videeo, which gives any retailer or brand the ability to embed and go live with engaging, branded live video commerce experiences within days by easily integrating into an existing e-commerce stack.
About the role
CommentSold, America’s #1 live selling SaaS platform is looking for a Product Designer to join the team. CommentSold currently has over 50 people based out of India and we’re looking for a Product Designer(s) who will partner with our Product Manager(s) and team(s) of Software Engineers to define and develop wireframes and product design specs for ground breaking, web, mobile and AI driven app interfaces to support rich connected-commerce experiences for Gen AI consumers.
This role is remote but we prefer for the Product Designer to be based out of Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata or Bangalore. Working hours will be 4:00 PM IST to 1:00 AM IST (3PM E.T US time). This person will report to the Product Design Lead.
In this role, you will
- Bring a very strong and modern viewpoint towards product interface design with a KISS design principle
- Collaborate with Product Managers, and Engineering to design the best digital experiences for our customers and their customers – our tools reach both retailers and consumers
- Making sure that our UI/UX follows the most common industry accepted flows to remove the need for customer onboarding. Self explanatory interfaces with built in help along the journey is our design ethos.
- Create detailed design artifacts including; wireframes and low fidelity and high fidelity designs to deliver to engineering, supporting the engineering process as needed from concept to execution
- Work within an organized design process that allows for quick feedback and quick iteration
- Support the interactions of diverse company stakeholders and subject matter experts to translate business needs into design solutions
If you’re right for this role, you
- Have experience working with a US market client or a US based company
- BA in design or a comparable degree
- Equivalent work experience will be considered
- HFI certification a plus
- 1-4 years of professional work experience focusing on cloud-based digital consumer facing products is a must. E-commerce app design experience is a bonus.
- A portfolio demonstrating UX projects and knowledge of current industry standards is a must.
- Experience with and exposure to various user experience tools, methodologies and processes, including but not limited to interaction design, experience design, UX strategy, and tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe, and Invision.
- Well experienced in designing a multitude of products in various environments
- Have professional experience in a complex product environment with different platforms, and enjoy and excel in that type of environment
- Have a strong curiosity for the latest in product design, and consider yourself innovative in visual design
- Have designed for visually-exciting consumer and business user products
- Understand the different facets of web and mobile app design and feel comfortable across both areas
- Think creatively beyond given scope to recognize other opportunities to improve product design
- Understand the balance of the thoughtfulness and speed behind design that’s required for a product that is an industry leader (and working to stay so!) – you’ll rely on your expertise + rapid user feedback over extensive research processes
- Exposure to omnichannel delivery methods and strategies including mobile and native app design, desktop adaptive, and responsive interfaces.
- Knowledge of lean agile UX processes and methodologies is beneficial.
- Strong ability to think creatively with strong communication, collaboration, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in the business language (English)
We’re building a community, our chosen circle, around a set of values that guide how we work and interact with the world around us. Our cultural norms at work can’t be turned off when the computer’s away — we live these in every part of our lives. Our team isn’t for everyone, so if you’re right for it, the following values should resonate strongly with how you live your life.
Deliver for our customer COMMUNITY: We are committed to making our customers successful.
Do it as a TEAM: We actively listen to diverse perspectives and respond empathetically.
Help each other GROW: We are willing to get uncomfortable for the sake of our growth.
OWN it: We do our part to reach the team’s shared goals and hold ourselves and others accountable.
DRIVE forward: We are determined to innovate for impact.