At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we’ve been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today’s Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreams and a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Pay Range: $99,945 – 162,914 annually
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
As NFM’s Senior Technical Lead you will serve as a point of contact for assigned customers to define project specifications. You will oversee the development process from project definition, design, development, testing, release, and maintenance. This is a remote position that requires the candidate to reside in NE, IA, MO, KS, or TX.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
• Enhance efficiency of development, test, and develop tools and frameworks
• Provide recommendations on appropriate solutions, along with guidance concerning the business implications of application development projects
• Responsible for the coordination of solution development, execution of the teams and establishing, maintaining, and implementing the tools, methods, and procedures for the development process
• Performs code and design reviews to maintain code quality standards
• Writes new programs, working with basic applications systems designs and specifications, and utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
• Review, test, audit and validate product release to ensure quality
• Meet with developers to review results of code reviews, automated unit tests, changes to current projects and plans for future projects
• Meet with supervisors and provide feedback on team developmental matters; provide one on one mentoring and coaching as needed
• Meet with QA Specialists and Analysts to review results of code reviews, automated unit tests, changes to current projects and plans for future projects.
• Develop Commerce Cloud solutions that support industry leading best practices in technology, features, performance, and scalability
• Lead development efforts for assigned projects
• Lead release and deployment processes for assigned projects
• Diagnose and solve technical problems related to ecommerce and the Commerce Cloud platform
• Help define/write technical debt stories to keep improving our platforms and reworking code where necessary for optimal performance
• Work with architects to set the standard for architectural design recommendations and changes
• Support the development teams during both business and off hours to ensure our production environments are fully functioning
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
• 6+ years’ experience in software development
• Experience in project management
• In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to communicate effectively with the design teams, the functional teams, infrastructure teams, project management, and the customer at all levels
• Pre-employment screening includes, but is not limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
• Same day pay – access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
• Competitive pay – generous annual increases up to 7%
• Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
• Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
• Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
• Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
• Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
• Paid community volunteer opportunities
• Tuition Reimbursement
• You’ll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM’s 401(k) and you’re eligible for company match after one year. NFM’s 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer