At Truckstop, we have transformed the entire freight-moving lifecycle with our SaaS solutions. From freight matching to payments and everything in between, we are the trusted partner for carriers, brokers, and shippers alike. We lead this industry forward with our One Team mindset committing to principles such as assume positive intent, have each other’s back, and be your authentic self. Our drive for greatness produces high expectations, yet our regard for humans is even higher. Join a team of brilliant minds and generous hearts who care deeply about other’s success.
A Contract Specialist is a high-impact contributor that will help build and scale Truckstop’s legal function, working closely with the company’s legal team. This role will support the company’s growth from legal operations, contracts management and compliance standpoint. The role requires an organized self-starter with excellent time management and prioritization skills and has a passion for optimizing legal operations.
- Prepare, review, and negotiate non-disclosure, customer, marketing, vendor and general corporate agreements
- Source and implement a contract management system; organize and maintain company-wide legal documents in the system
- Drive the implementation and continuous improvement of standard form agreements and routine legal processes, maintain a register of all legacy and current agreements
- Provide a variety of administrative, project management and operational support for the Legal function’s daily operations
- Maintain Truckstop’s online terms and agreement templates, keeping up to date with new business developments
- Manage corporate requirements for Truckstop group companies, including maintaining and adhering to corporate filing calendars, state licenses, preparing annual reports, d/b/a filings, officer changes & assessment, and filing for foreign qualification
- Liaise with business teams and counsel to understand and support the company’s compliance and licensing offerings and requirements
- Support the Chief Legal Officer’s corporate secretary responsibilities in maintaining corporate documents, board consents, equity-related documentation, gathering signatures, and electronically filing signed agreements, consents and resolutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience preferred, paralegal certificate a plus
- Five years or more experience in a technology company
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and interpreting non-disclosure and other agreements according to company’s contracting principles.
- Contract management software and/or other legal administrative software experience
At Truckstop we are dedicated to creating a workplace that is equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for a yearly bonus. Final salary is based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, education/training, certifications, key skills, experience, internal peer equity as well as business considerations.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other related occasional work that may be assigned or is completed by the employee.
Truckstop provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.