TITLE: Operations and Administrative Associate
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Administration
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations and Administration
Salary Range: $51,500 – $59,000
ABFE is a 501(c)(3), membership-based philanthropic organization that advocates for responsive and transformative investments in Black communities. Partnering with foundations, nonprofits and individuals, ABFE provides its members with professional development and technical assistance resources that further the philanthropic sector’s connection and responsiveness to issues of equality, diversity and inclusion. Established in 1971 as the Association of Black Foundation Executives, the all-volunteer organization was credited with many of philanthropy’s early gains in diversity. It since has evolved into a fully staffed, influential network. In 2013, the organization shed its descriptor and adopted the simpler ABFE (ab-fee) to better reflect its broadening membership.
Provides critical administrative support to the Director of Operations and Administration for their various duties involving organizational administration and operations, technology, and Board relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing administrative support to the Board of Directors, including recording all minutes for all Board meetings, including Board committees (standing Governance Committee, Executive Committee, Resource Development Committee, Finance Committee, Audit Committee, and special ad-hoc committees).
- Serve as the primary person responsible for organizing and disseminating Board meeting materials, both from the general Board meeting and the Board committee meetings.
- Responsible for setting up all logistics, technology, and presentations for virtual and in-person Board meetings, coordinating travel for Board members and guest speakers as appropriate.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison for the Department of Finance and Administration with other departments and external sources.
- Provide high-level support to the Director of Operations and Administration by proactively managing internal and external schedules and travel arrangements, scheduling and attending meetings as necessary, and taking and disseminating minutes and information as needed.
- Responsible for administrative functions, including recording meeting notes, drafting documents, and developing methods to maintain files and records as assigned.
- Coordinates meetings and sets up necessary support technologies, reservations, etc.
- Prepare expense reports for the Director of Operations and Administration.
- Support the Coordinator of the Office of the President by managing the President & CEO’s meeting and travel schedule and logistics as requested.
- Assist with archiving documents and digital files, ensuring compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Answer main phone lines and manage general email inquiries, providing exceptional service and ensuring effective communication.
- Coordinate the ordering and delivery of occasional gifts for staff members, demonstrating thoughtfulness and attention to detail.
- Take on additional ad hoc projects, demonstrating flexibility and a willingness to contribute to the team’s success.
- Reorganize and maintain SharePoint sites to ensure easy access and efficient use of resources.
- Oversee the organization and maintenance of the office storage unit, ensuring optimal space utilization and accessibility.
- Maintain inventory levels of office supplies and equipment; place orders and manage repairs as needed.
- Lead Salesforce data entry efforts for the Finance and Administration department, ensuring accuracy and up-to-date records.
- Strong Commitment to ABFE’s vision and mission.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strategic thinker dedicated to achieving positive outcomes.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong emphasis on SharePoint.
- Periodic travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 to 8 years of experience supporting Teams and Senior Management in a nonprofit setting.
- Proven experience in an administrative or operations support role.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM software is highly desirable.
- High level of discretion and professionalism.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABFE is an at-will employer and may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
ABFE is an active Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please include your resume and cover letter to be considered for this opportunity.