Founded in 2007 by the creators of Kali Linux, OffSec (formerly known as Offensive Security) is the leading provider of continuous professional and workforce development, training, and education for cybersecurity practitioners. OffSec’s distinct pedagogy and practical, hands-on learning help organizations fill the infosec talent gap by training their teams on today’s most critical skills.
Become a part of our global presence and work from anywhere. With team members in over 40 countries, we believe in inspiring people of all backgrounds and communities. The OffSec team is composed of diverse, internationally published authors, conference speakers, and seasoned information technology professionals from both the private sector and governments worldwide.
Excited about our mission and what we do? Apply and join us!
About the Job
Offensive Security is looking for an innovative and results-oriented Sr. Content Developer to join our international team. The Sr. Content Developer will be responsible for creating, producing and refreshing content for OffSec’s Online Learning Library, live & online courses, and certifications.
We are looking for someone who is creative, detail-oriented, and has the ability to organize, set priorities, and manage several projects at once, with minimal supervision.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop written and video-based learning material on assigned topics for online and live training
- Build virtual machines and practical labs to support learning material
- Participate in and contribute to formal/informal technical reviews and presentations
- Work with SMEs to repurpose content into different formats as required to support various learning delivery media (i.e., live training, video, live-online, etc.)
- Structure existing content to create best possible learning experience for a global audience
- Perform periodic refresh of existing learning material
- Develop content to be used for promotional purposes for individual learning programs and the company overall (ie. blog posts, public POCs, etc.)
- At least 5 years of relevant Security industry experience
- Strong experience in Windows and Linux Servers
- Strong background in common Enterprise cybersecurity technologies
- Intimate knowledge and experience with Active Directory, ideally in a consulting or large enterprise environment
- Strong command of the English language
- Highly effective writing skills which include a high level of detail
- Ability to effectively communicate well among varied audiences
- Experience building content for curriculum development strongly preferred
- Experience collaborating across cultures, continents and time-zones
- Ability to innovate: generates, communicates, and executes upon new ideas
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to contribute in a collaborative and professional team environment
- Excellent research skills (data, fact checking)
- OSCP or other OffSec Certifications are preferred but not required
This role is a full-time salaried position. Work hours for this position are flexible, and will be performed remotely from anywhere in the world.
This position has no direct reports.
OffSec provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.