Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a full-time Cloud DevSecOps Manager to lead and revolutionize our Google Cloud Platform (GCP) team, primarily by being a hands-on delivery-focused technical manager. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded professional with a proven ability to lead the problem-solving of real-world cloud engineering challenges, including maintenance, debugging, auditing, and security. They will have experience with modern development practices, including continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD). They are committed to leading their team in a highly organized manner, focusing on collaboration.
The Cloud DevSecOps Manager will play a critical role in helping to scale a non-profit dedicated to helping people through technology. This position is an exciting opportunity to shape how the cloud team delivers work by being a leader who relishes a good challenge and promotes positive social change.
The Cloud DevSecOps Manager will report to the Enterprise Cloud Architect. BDT is a remote-first organization. This position may work remotely and/or from BDT’s Philadelphia office.
- Maintain ownership of cloud environments, focusing on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and the configuration of that infrastructure to ensure it is secure, monitorable, and performs well at scale
- Perform asset maintenance on a schedule, including cloud infrastructure changes required by cloud providers, such as deprecated or removed products and out-of-date systems, and insecure services
- Review cloud billing to identify, present, and implement ways to optimize the cost of Google Cloud
- Obtain Certification or Re-Certification in Google Cloud Products and Services
- Lead the Cloud Engineering Team by performing functional management and technical oversight
- Coordinate and collaborate with other IT leaders across BDT (Software, Cybersecurity, and Data) to determine the best tactical approach while adhering to the Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC) industry best practices
- Provide professional and technical guidance to the organization about DevSecOps methodologies and industry best practices by participating and presenting in The Architecture Review Board
- Work experience in Google Cloud or equivalent cloud platform (Azure/AWS) as an engineer or front-line asset directly responsible for delivery of high availability systems
- Background preventing and remediating vulnerabilities to ensure the security of applications, such as VPN access and threat surface analysis
- Competency in scripting with command line tools (Bash and PowerShell), Cloud SDK APIs, and other infrastructure as code concepts such as Helm, Terraform, Ansible Automation, and GitOps
- Background in containerization orchestration (Kubernetes and Docker Compose), artifacts, build, and release pipelines with continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with using CI/CD automation tools (such as Azure DevOps, AWS CodeDeploy, GitHub Actions, and Google Cloud Build) in real- world application delivery
- Experience managing a cloud team and a willingness to jump in to help hands-on where needed
- Demonstrated success working with IT stakeholders to launch new software products and services
- Experience supporting a full-stack software development team (such as Typescript, V8, Python, Ruby)
- Knowledge and experience with DevSecOps methodology and ability to provide technical leadership on how to approach challenges
What will set you apart…
- Familiarity or certification in LEAN process improvement
- Previous experience in non-profit, NGO, or other public service
The salary range starts at $135,000 and is commensurate with relevant experience.
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) improves health and financial security by harnessing the power of data, technology, and policy to provide dignified and equitable access to assistance. Together with a national network of government agencies and partners, we efficiently connect people today to programs that pay for food, healthcare, and more while helping to modernize benefits access for tomorrow. A nonprofit since 2005, BDT has secured more than $10 billion in benefits for households across the country, helping to reduce hunger and poverty and build pathways to economic mobility. Learn more about BDT – a proud recipient of a 2021 and 2022 Top Workplaces USA Award – at bdtrust.org.